Monday, March 28, 2011

The Disappearance of Chase, part Deux

So, this weekend I had the evening off, Chase was in town again so we decided to go out. Now, Chase and I have only ever been either, the two of us, or with a couple of his friends. So, this weekend since I was in the area I decided to visit my nephews. I figured that if I was going to be in the area I wanted to make sure I saw them. I told Chase that he could come with  me, or I could meet up with him later. He chose to come with me. Normally I don't allow the dudes I date to meet anyone in my family for a very, very long time. Boy am I glad I broke that streak this weekend. Chase was so uncomfortable. He wasn't rude, but he also wasn't pleasant. He clearly hated my nephews (in his defense Wilberforce, the two year old, was having a total melt down the entire time we were there), and would have rather been anywhere else in the world. So, we left and met up with some of my friends for dinner. (I also don't normally have them meet friends at least until we are exclusive.) Again, I'm glad I broke that pattern also. I realized at dinner that Chase is unwilling to go outside of himself to make others feel comfortable.  After dinner he and I went to grab some ice cream and a movie (we saw Limitless. Great film. The only film I've ever seen with Chase that I didn't feel like I'd been cheated out of two hours of my life.) After the movie we went back to the car we left near my sister's. We were chit chatting about all different sorts of things. Apparently in our innocent chatter we came upon a subject that he's not okay with. I made a very simple, and very innocent statement.  He flipped. Threw open the car door, patted me on the back and stormed off. Ran to his truck climbed in and flew off. I waited a few seconds to see if he was for real and if that was really what was happening. He was real. Now, he called about 5 minutes later to apologize for storming off (yes, he agreed he stormed off). He explained that I hit a nerve unknowingly, and totally unintentionally...although it was something so simple and bizarre that I'm sure no one could have done it intentionally. He requested that I call him back so we could talk through it. You know Chase, I don't think any talking through would help. As soon as I realized you were for real I shut down and was totally turned off. I won't be making that call, and I don't think I'll be taking your call either. Good Luck with everything Chase.

1 comment: