Sunday, December 5, 2010

Date 1

This weekend I went on a date with *Nate. We went to dinner. I gave him a little criteria on what type of food (no Italian) and he picked out this quaint little Thai restaurant....Go Nate! My favorite. Dinner was good. He was very attentive to everything I needed. He was a great listener and good conversationalist (kept his eyes level instead of a few inches lower), and even though he was nervous he still was able to keep the awkwardness at bay.
After dinner we went to do some bowling. Now, I love bowling as a first date because it helps to see the other person's personality a lot. Are they competitive? Can they let loose and have fun? Are they coordinated? Nate is in a bowling league and so I was interested on how the answers to the previous questions would unfold. It was all fine, he wasn't even perturbed by my gutter balls. Now, when a guy takes me bowling as a date I require that one game is played as wacky bowling. Now, everything and anything goes, except for your normal groove. Nate was such a good sport about this and we had a lot of fun. As we started wacky bowling the group next to us started to join in on the fun and do the same. As obvious as the copycatting was we couldn't ignore them so,  we both became friendly and talkative the their group....another point for Nate. He is social and plays well with others. Now, the one problem I had about the date is that Nate was a touchy feely guy. Now, I don't have a problem with that, except on a first date. I understand that as a guy it's essential to not be put in the friend zone from the beginning and to break that physical barrier as soon as possible. But, on the first date we don't need to give a hug or a lingering hand hold/high 5 after every frame. It was a little too much for me. And, makes me question...is he sincere or just trying to get to the action as quickly as possible? So, Nate, as a future tip to you, hold off on acting like a couple until you're date has decided whether or not she likes you. Otherwise, it could have the reverse effect and cause even more walls to go up. Overall rating for this date: successful. I would go out with Nate again, but I need to figure out a way to slow down the 'coupleness' of it all

1 comment:

  1. EW! You shouldn't touch while bowling!!! Now you have all his bowling ball std's and he has all of yours!! Gross!

    ReplyDelete