Monday, January 10, 2011

Nate, the replay

So, I decided to go on another date with Nate. To better explain this situation I need to inform my reader about a movie that has had a lot of impact on the way I look at things of the heart: Just Friends. Ryan Reynolds is a hilarious music producer that overcame a miserable and embarrassing high school experience. As he graduates, moves away, loses 100 lbs, and creates a successful, star studded life. He goes back to his home town and refalls in love with his high school dream girl. One thing he taught me was that a lunch date is the stuff of friends. No matter how into them you may be, if they offer you lunch as a date option then you are on the fast track to "Just Friends." There is no coming back from that spot. Unless, you're Ryan Reynolds, have an adorable retainer smile, a private jet, and a 12 pack. Well, Nate, you've reached the "Just Friends" area. After our second date you still insisted on acting like we were a couple. You insisted on cuddling as we walked through a store...even though I maintained my stiff as a board posture and hands conveniently occupied. Now, I'm all about the hand holding and whatever...if I'm in a committed relationship. Now, you're over anxiousness to be a couple has solidified my resolve to keep you in the Friend Zone. Nate, you're a sweet guy. You're kind, attentive, and fun. However , you played your cards way too easily and we were obviously playing a different game. I think reading your date a little better would definitely help you in the future. Nate, I look forward to having lunch with you :)

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad we do dinner dates.

    * And turn your word verification off. If I am the only one commenting, I want easy access, like Nate.

    ReplyDelete